How we handle your privacy is important to us.
AS OF OCTOBER 2022
- We respect your privacy
- What personal information we collect
- How we collect your personal information
- How we use your personal information
- Disclosure of your personal information
- Hosting and International Data Transfers
- Security of your personal information
- Access to your personal information
- Complaints about privacy
We respect your privacy
- We respect your right to privacy and we are committed to safeguarding the privacy of information provided to us and information about visitors to our Resonance website and any other associated websites under our control (together, our websites). This policy sets out how we collect and treat your personal information. Resonance is the data controller of any personal information provided to us when you use our services as set out in section 2 below.
- We adhere to the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and, to the extent applicable, the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the US Federal Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA).
- “Personal Information” is information we hold which is identifiable as being about you. This includes information such as your name, email address, identification number or any other type of information that can reasonably identify an individual, either directly or indirectly.
What personal information we collect
- We will, from time to time, receive and store personal information which is submitted through our websites, provided to us directly or given to us in other forms or by third parties. We may collect personal information in the following situations (without limitation):
- If you contact us, a record of that correspondence may be kept.
- When you submit your e-mail address to our website mailing list.
- When MRI centres send data to us for MRI analysis, we will collect information such as staff member name and address details, email addresses and other contact details, practice details and information relating to undertaking the analysis service.
- You may provide basic information such as your name, phone number, address and email address to enable us to send you information, provide updates and process your request for our Products.
- We may collect additional information at other times, including but not limited to, when you provide feedback, when you provide information about your personal or business affairs, change your content or email preference, respond to surveys and/or promotions, provide financial or credit card information or communicate with our customer support and service centre.
- Additionally, we may also collect any other information you provide while interacting with us.
How we collect your personal information
Disclosure of your personal information
Hosting and International Data Transfers
- Information that we collect may from time to time be stored, processed in or transferred between parties or sites located in countries outside of Australia. These may include but are not limited to North America, the United Kingdom and countries within the EU.
- Our suppliers and contractors are situated in Australia and North America. Transfers to each of these jurisdictions will be protected by appropriate safeguards, including the use of standard data protection clauses.
- You acknowledge that personal data that you submit through our websites or services may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use (or misuse) of such personal data by others.
Security of your personal information
- We are committed to ensuring that the information you provide to us is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure. All staff and third- party providers with access to confidential information are subject to confidentiality obligations.
- Where we employ data processors to process personal information on our behalf, we only do so on the basis that such data processors comply with the requirements under applicable legislation and that have adequate technical measures in place to protect personal information against unauthorised use, loss and theft.
Access to your personal information
- The privacy laws of some jurisdictions may give you the right to access, amend or erase your personal information or, in some circumstances, to restrict or object to the processing of your personal information.
- If you would like to request a copy of your data or would like to take steps to exercise any of your rights, please contact us in writing as set out above. We may refuse to provide access and may charge a fee for access if the relevant legislation allows us to do so, in which case we will provide reasons for our decision as required by law.
- In the limited circumstances where you have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal information for a specific purpose, you have the rights to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time.
- If you receive marketing materials relating to our services by email or post, you may withdraw your consent for us to send these to you at any time, by using the “unsubscribe” option included in the email or other material. Alternatively, you can let us know your preferences by sending an email to email@example.com.
- We reserve the right to refuse to provide you with information that we hold about you in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act or any other applicable law.
- When you visit our websites
When you come to our websites, including www.resonancehealth.com, we may collect certain information such as browser type, operating system, the website you visited immediately before coming to our site, etc. This information is used in an aggregated manner to analyse how people use our site, to help us improve our service.
- Third party sites
Our site may from time to time have links to other websites not owned or controlled by us. These links are meant for your convenience only. Links to third party websites do not constitute sponsorship or endorsement or approval of those websites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of other such websites. We encourage our users to be aware, when they leave our website, to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personal identifiable information.