Cardiac T2* for Iron Assessment is a service that is offered seperately or as part of a dual analysis package with FerriScan to provide more comprehensive information regarding body iron stores.
The Liver and Heart in Iron Overload
Changes in liver iron concentration generally precede changes in heart iron loading, acting as an early warning of possible future cardiac complications. An immediate risk of iron-induced arrhythmia and cardiac failure can be assessed by MRI measurement of Cardiac T2*. Iron-induced damage to heart tissue can be halted and reversed if appropriate and timely chelation therapy is commenced.
Regular assessment of iron overload through Resonance Health’s quality assured FerriScan and Cardiac T2* Dual Analysis Service enables better informed decisions on the management of patients at risk of iron-induced organ damage.
Key Cardiac T2* Features
- Provides important information for assessing the risk of cardiac failure or arrhythmia
- Cardiac T2* is the most widely accepted MRI-based method for assessing heart iron loading
- Cardiac T2* is charged per scan only and can be established on most 1.5T MRI scanners
- Cardiac T2* is regulatory cleared by the FDA, TGA, and CE Mark
For further information, please refer to the FerriScan and Cardiac T2*Fact Sheet.
Key Resonance Health Dual Analysis Service Features
- Provides a more complete picture of body iron loading than FerriScan or Cardiac T2* alone
- Image analysis and reporting is performed at a central ISO 13485 certified Service Centre